New attacks: Hussites threaten Saudi Arabia


New attacks: Hussites threaten Saudi Arabia. Yemeni Hussites threatened Saudi Arabia with new attacks in the future and assured that they have military capabilities

New attacks: Hussites threaten Saudi Arabia


Yemeni Hussites threatened Saudi Arabia with new attacks in the future and assured that they have military capabilities for this. On Saturday, September 14, rebels attacked two of the kingdom’s oil facilities, causing the kingdom to lose half of its production, which boosted oil prices. Iranian-backed Hussites accuse Saudi Arabia of the humanitarian disaster in their country.




Hussite Yemeni rebels, who claimed responsibility for attacks on oil facilities in Saudi Arabia, promised to continue bombing the kingdom, RIA Novosti reports citing a statement by a representative of the Hussite armed forces. The organization was assured that the armament of Yemen allows this to be done.
The Hussites advised companies and foreigners not to be in the places of their previous attacks, as they continue to be their targets and may undergo new attacks.
Iranian-backed Yemeni rebels said they were involved in the attacks on Saudi oil facilities on Saturday. On the night of September 14, ten Saudi targets attacked the aircraft: the world's largest refinery Abkaik in the east of the country and the Khurais oil field east of the capital of Riyadh. They are owned by the state oil and gas company Saudi Aramco. Harris is the second-largest oil field in the kingdom. After the attack, fires broke out at both sites, which were later localized. Riyadh said that the staff was not injured.
Saudi Arabia is the largest exporter and one of the three major oil producers. After the attack on these facilities, the kingdom reduced production by almost half: to 5.7 million barrels per day from the usual mark of about 9.8 million. As a result, world prices for raw materials jumped by an average of 12-13%, and sometimes up to 19 %. But experts believe that this is not the most critical point. In their opinion, at such a pace, oil prices could reach $ 100 per barrel, Reuters writes.
You may also like
Experts called such an outcome quite possible if the situation with Saudi oil refineries is not normalized within 30 days.
At the same time, Saudi Aramco promises to return to its previous level of production within two days. “Work is currently underway to restore production, and an update will be provided in about 48 hours,” said Amin Nasser, president and chief executive officer of the Saudi oil company, quoted by Bloomberg.
One of the main issues in this situation is who is to blame for the attack on oil facilities. Despite the fact that the Hussites themselves announced their responsibility for this, US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo refuses to believe in their guilt and places it on Iran.
“Tehran is behind some 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while [Iranian President Hassan] Rouhani and [Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad] Zarif pretend to be making diplomatic efforts. Amid calls for de-escalation, Iran launched an unprecedented attack against global energy supplies, ”Pompeo tweeted and warned that Washington was planning to hold Tehran accountable.
Saudi Arabia halts oil production by 50 per cent after two major Aramco facilities were hit by drone attacks claimed by Yemen’s Houthi group

Iranian Foreign Ministry called the accusations of the US Secretary of State false and unfounded.
Abbas Mousavi, a spokesman for the Iranian foreign affairs agency, said that "the United States is pursuing a policy of maximum pressure on Tehran, which is increasingly reminiscent of the tactics of maximum lies."
Yemeni Hussites have previously struck Saudi Arabia. In May, with the help of drones, they attacked the airport of the city of Jizan, choosing military hangars as their target.
Hussites belong to the Shiite branch of Islam. They live mainly in northern Yemen and makeup about a third of the country's population. Since 2014, they have been fighting against the government, which is supported by a coalition led by Riyadh. The rebels call their goal a halt to the humanitarian catastrophe, in which they accuse Saudi Arabia since coalition bombing leads to the mass death of civilians.
According to the Red Cross, in early September, bombing destroyed a multi-story prison building. Most of the 170 prisoners died.
The war in Yemen was at first an internal civil conflict, which subsequently escalated into a war between Saudi Arabia and Iran for influence in the region.

New attacks: Hussites threaten Saudi Arabia New attacks: Hussites threaten Saudi Arabia Reviewed by Write What's you know on September 16, 2019 Rating: 5

No comments:

Like a Reply

Powered by Blogger.